Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rescue


My friends invited me out into the adult world for lunch today. I felt like I was being rescued! Semira has been sick and understandably cranky this week, so we've been staying home except for our doctor visit and related errands. She's finally starting to feel better, so we took them up on their offer. Semira played with a couple of un-sauced spaghetti noodles and decorated her hair with them. When I picked one out of her hair, she put it right back where it was. So she stayed decorated with spaghetti until it was time to leave.

No photos of Miss Spaghetti Hair from lunch today, but this is one I took on the plane ride home. When I was a kid, almost every photo my mom took had her finger in it. Evidently the act of bringing Semira home has transformed me into the mother who sticks her finger in her photos. Yes, I've already gotten harrassed about that by Semira's grandmother.

2 comments:

The Andersons said...

Beth - she is too, too cute!!

Leah Reeves said...

Cute Cute Cute!!!!!!!!!!