Saturday, May 16, 2009

Finally some new pictures!


I finally managed to get my photos extracted from my camera today... you wouldn't think that would be such a hard task when all it needed was batteries. I've discovered that even rechargables have a life span, but it took me a few days to figure that out. I swear I'm going brain dead.








Hanna the orphanage director just before the hand-off.









An unsure Semira with her jet-lagged, travel-weary but elated new mommy.






Semira visiting the orphanage to tell her nannies goodbye with Lelena, who works for the adoption agency.










Our first attempt at rice cereal.






4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Beth,
I am so excited you are home and getting settled. Your little girl is beautiful! Thank for everything, your post keeps me so anxious to travel! LeeAnn

The Andersons said...

Congrats Beth! She has to be the yummiest IAN baby ever :). So glad you are home with her.

akinsfamily said...

So glad to see that you are both adjust so well! She is beautiful!

I was wondering if you would mind send ing me a copy of the picture of Semira with Lelena. Did you notice the little face behind them? That is my little girl! I would love a copy if you don't mind sharing. Thanks and I hope that the transition continues to go smoothly for you!
Brandi - tbakins@yahoo.com

K said...

Beth! She is so adorable! I'm so happy that you finally got her and everything is working out! I'll be in Texas late this summer only for a short while but I will most definitely be visiting you two!
-Kira