Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

A little bit of news to report. A referral for a baby girl went to a couple about a week ago. They have 2 weeks to make a decision as to whether she is the right child for them. If and when that happens, I'll move up to #1 on the baby girl waiting list. No word yet though.

The Ethiopian government is making a few changes to the adoption process. They're requiring new paperwork for children who have been relinquished. It's meant to safeguard the children and their families, so I think it's good. They're also starting to limit the number of single women who can adopt from Ethiopia each year. The agency I'm with heard rumors of this a few months ago, so they haven't accepted any single women since the end of the summer. I've been given every assurance that those of us in the program now will make it through fine. There are 9 of us and they're allowing 10 single women per year to adopt from my agency. I'm not sure if it's a percentage of their total adoptions, or if each agency gets a specific limit of 10.

I had a really nice visit this week with some friends from Philadelphia. They brought their 6 month old daughter with them, and she tried out my crib and changing table for me.

I'm enjoying my weekend now. We only have 4 more class days left, then a week of finals. Not long now until the end of the semester. Yippee!

No comments: