Saturday, December 13, 2008

SEMIRA!

I received the news I'd been waiting to hear yesterday... I have a daughter! Well, I almost have a daughter. I received information about a beautiful little girl named Semira. She's 4 months old and all of her medical tests indicate that she's very healthy. I wish I could post her picture, but I'm not allowed to do that because she's not legally my child yet.

The next step for me is to complete paperwork, then our files are forwarded together to the Ministry of Women's Affairs in Addis Abeba. After that, we're assigned a court date where she'll legally become my daughter. Presuming all goes well with court, the last difficult wait is for an embassy date in Ethiopia. The embassy date is what determines when I travel to get her. I expect these next steps to take between 3 and 5 months.

Exciting!

3 comments:

The Andersons said...

Congratulation! What wonderful news! By the way, may I link your blog on mine?

Kerry Anderson

Upstatemamma said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! This is such great news. So happy for you.

Beth said...

Hi Kerry,

You're welcome to link to my blog. I'm happy people are actually reading it! I can't wait to be able to post photos of Semira. She's a cutie.

Beth