Monday, July 28, 2008

Little News

I don't have a lot of news, just didn't want people to think I'd abandoned this little project.

I got email on Friday telling me that my dossier has been sent to Washington DC for authentication, and they're hoping it will be back this week. Immediately after it returns from Washington, it'll be rerouted to Ethiopia. There, it'll be translated and forwarded to the Ministry for Women's Affairs, which handles adoptions and child welfare in the country.

I'm told those two events will take about 3 weeks so we're definitely missing the deadline for court closure. I'm not sure, but I think that happens next week. I'm frankly quite amazed that everything has gone as quickly as it has, so I don't feel awful about having to wait for the courts. I'm hoping that I'll be close to the top of the pile when courts open back up again in October though.

No comments: