Monday, July 19, 2010

The Potty

We've officially begun potty training at our house. After a few weeks of the shiny new potty chair being scary, Semira gladly sat down on it yesterday and used it for the first time! Yay Semira!!! Unfortunately, she wasn't in the mood for a repeat later in the day. But I'm counting this as a major victory!

I know every kid goes through this phase, but she'd also decided now that she likes to be naked. I don't mind the clothes coming off so much. It's the diaper/pull-ups that are the problem. I spent a ridiculous amount of time last night asking her to put her pants back on. I tried to ask her to go sit on the potty if she really wanted to pull her pants down. But she happily told me no, ignored me, or went into the other room where I couldn't see her take them off. It was a very fun game. For her. Thankfully no accidents on the floor that I noticed. The same can't be said for Grandma's house this weekend...

Any seasoned parents out there have tips for potty-training a little girl?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm. Guess my best tip is that she'll do it when she's ready. Don't fret -- almost all kids are out of diapers by the time they start Kindergarten!