Sunday, February 1, 2009

Favorite baby gear?

No real news since getting Semira's court date. I did get some beautiful new photos of her a couple of weeks ago. Another family working with my adoption agency went to pick up their new son and took photos of my little Semira for me. She looks happy and healthy, and her hair is growing. I found a little curl in her photos!

This wait is difficult, but it appears that she's being well taken care of so I'm doing my best to be patient. It's tough knowing that the earliest I could actually have her home with me is May. But we'll make it.

In the meantime, I've got a gazillion freshmen to teach (maybe not a gazillion, but it feels like it sometimes), a grant to apply for, a book to write, and a house to baby-proof. I have a feeling Miss Semira will be fairly mobile by the time she gets home. If not then, I bet she will be within a very busy month or two. Keeping busy keeps the wait a bit more tolerable.

So while I'm waiting I'd like to start asking for advice on any baby gear you parents have discovered that makes your life easier, that your child enjoys, or is a good idea on general principle. Post a comment or send me an email. geobethy@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Susan M said...

I'm basing this suggestion on something Katy loved as a little one: Baby Einstein videos. Also, a really great thing for babies are hooded towels. I'll keep thinking and may ask Mark & Pam or Lori for suggestions for you. :-)

Leah Reeves said...

I didn't get to see the pictures. I am sure they are cute!