Thursday, September 11, 2008

Welfare call

I got a call from Courtney yesterday. I was hoping it was THE call when I saw the Colorado number pop up on my caller ID. But no such luck. She said she just wanted to check in with me and see how I was handling the wait. IAN isn't used to having a waiting list (and I'm not used to being on one!) so I really appreciate her concern. And being kept in the loop...

Courtney said that IAN's director is traveling to Ethiopia soon. The goal of the trip is to try and affiliate with a third orphanage so they can start placing more children. She said they're hoping that will reduce or eliminate the wait time for referrals, but that nothing is finalized yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm another single mom with your agency. Not yet on the waitlist, but will be soon. Hope you get some great news very, very soon.

Michelle
ps - your friend was right about the importance of diaper pails - three words - Diaper Genie II.

Leah Reeves said...

Hi!!!
I did not know you had a blog. I know how hard the wait can be. We did not have a wait for our Gabre, but we are 23 month in waiting for our daughter from China.

Lizie said...

Hang in there! The wait can be difficult, but the wait will be worth it!!

Shawn said...

Hi! I'm Shawn in boulder, and I just found your blog through the IAN website. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, I know how hard the wait is, but believe me, it is totally worth it. We've been home four months now and I can't believe how well it is all working out. You are in great hands and you will have a little baby home with you before you know it. You can check out our blog at http://rodda.homelinux.net. Best of luck!

Shawn